This is such an easy recipe but so delicious and perfect for a summer lunch outdoors with family or friends. I dress mine up with rocket and serrano to add that little extra! It can be eaten hot or cold, so crack open the cervezas and enjoy.
- 400g Of cooked new potatoes
- A sprinkle of fresh dill
- 1 Shallot/small onion
- 5 Large eggs
- Rapseed Oil
- 3 Slices of serrano ham
- 2 Handfuls of rocket leaves
- Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan, making sure to coat all the pan
- Saute the onions until soft
- Meanwhile sprinkle the cooked new potatoes with dill and slice into small pieces (whatever size you prefer)
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl then mix the potatoes in
- Preheat the grill
- Transfer the potato and egg mix into the frying pan and leave to cook on a low heat for 25 minutes.
- Using a palette knife occasionally push the edges of the omelette in, to create the traditional inverted edges.
- When almost done pop the omelette under the grill for 4 minutes to crisp up the top
- When out the oven pop a plate on top of the saucepan and quickly flip the omelette onto the plate.
- Garnish with rocket and thin slices of serrano ham
- Pop open a beer and enjoy!